Tuesday, December 11, 2012

The Run Down

To all those out there thinking the worst, the answer is no.  No, I was not thrown overboard, left behind in some far off country, abducted by pirates, or forced to walk the plank.  Had any of these things happened I would probably have quite the story to write about in this blog.  My only real excuse for not blogging lately is that A, I have been very busy with work and B, the internet on the ship is extremely slow.  And by slow I mean 1990's AOL dial-up slow.  Come to think of it, some of the technology on the ship is so far behind the times that it feels like I am working 15 years in the technological past.  In fact, I could write an entire blog on ship technology, but let's just save that for another time.

Back to the matter at hand.  In my absence from blogging I have been to Southampton (England), Le Havre (France), Zeebrugge (Belgium), Southampton (again), New York City, Southampton (again), Madeira (Canary Islands), Gran Canaria (Canary Islands), and Tenerife (Canary Islands).  I have also sailed across the Atlantic Ocean two more times, this time in back-to-back fashion.  This brings my total to five Atlantic Crossings in just over two months.  While it is nice to be able to say that I have sailed across the Atlantic Ocean, I am very much looking forward to being done with these long, grueling voyages.  Thankfully we only have two more Atlantic Crossings before we begin the World Voyage on January 10th!  I am REALLY looking forward to the World voyage.  During the World voyage, which will take approximately four months, we will travel to places such as Egypt, Shanghai, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, and many other places.  It should be a grand adventure and I am really looking forward to it.

Now that I have given you a brief glimpse of what you have missed and what is yet to come, I will leave you with a few pictures to help you "sea" what you have missed out on.

 Wind mills were not in short supply in Zeebrugge, Belgium.

 I found this guy while running through the mountains in Tenerife.

 The mountains of Tenerife have been one of my favorite places to run so far!

 Madeira is filled with hills and great views.

 I often go to this park to run when I am in Southampton.  And of course I have taken a ride on this zip-line.

 New York City lights up the night!

 Hanging out with a few friends from South Africa and Northern England.

 Look who I found in Southampton...Mo!

La Havre France turned out to be a great place to run.  This picture is from my first trip to La Havre.  I was sick the second time we were in La Havre so I stayed on the ship.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back Zach! Thanks for posting - the pictures are great.

    ReplyDelete