1. I left the ship around 10:45 am and went for a run. I ran for about 2 hours and 50 minutes. My run was a mix of roads, trails, and bike paths. The pedestrian/bike system in Norway is quite good!
2. During my run I stopped at a convenience store and bought a bottle of "YT". I think it was some sort of sports drink. It tasted quite good. I don't speak Norwegian and the lady at the store only said a couple of words in English, but I figured it out.
3. On the way back to the ship I stopped and took a dip in the ocean. And in case you're wondering, the answer is YES! The water is COLD!
4. Once back on the ship I did some work and went to a spinning class at the gym. The spinning class was great. By the end of the class I had a nice puddle of sweat at the base of my spin bike. I looked around at other people's bikes but they didn't seem to have this same accumulation of moisture. Where was all the sweat? Maybe their bikes were defective.
5. Today I went out on the deck at 10:12 pm and the sun was just setting. I looked out a window after midnight and there was still some light left.
6. A guest collapsed on the ship today and I helped to alert the right people. It was nice to help out. Hopefully the man is OK.
|Near the turn-around point on my run.|
|The bike/pedestrian paths are great!|
|Add another country to my running list!|
|If only the ship would have docked on the side with the mountains! Oh well, it was still nice.|
|It might look warm but that water is COLD (but very refreshing).|
|Soooo many boats!|